Stepp 1: How to secure optimal scanning results
- Patient scans must be current and precise.
- The spatial resolution of the scans should range between 0.75 and 1.25 mm but not exceed 2 mm.
- It is essential to avoid patient movement during the scanning process.
- Scans must be performed in upright position, making sure that the angle of view (i.e. beam path or optical axis) is parallel to the plane of occlusion. This prevents artifacts.
- The target area of the scan is kept small but should include the regions 2 cm above and below the selected area. The outer contours of the patient’s head must be included as well.
- Save the entire scan (incl. all sub-files) as a DICOM file.
Gebrüder Martin GmbH & Co. KG can process data from all commonly used CT scanners and PCS systems and almost all storage media can be accepted as well. In case you have any queries, please use our hotline +49 7463 838 222.